Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lilac of the Moment - Chanel Tenderly


After being a little reticent at first, I have fallen head-over-heels for this colour! Chanel Tenderly is a lilac-grey that leans to the warmer side. It strikes a beautiful seasonal balance between winter and spring. It feels simultaneously feminine and a little edgy.


Application was a charm and the consistency is lovely and creamy - I used two painless coats.

I was initially feeling a little sheepish about my purchase - as you know, Chanel nail polish isn't cheap! - because I have several other colours in this family. However upon comparison, Tenderly has unique qualities that make it a standout in my collection.

L-R: Essie Merino Cool; Chanel Tenderly; OPI Parlez-Vous OPI?



In the bottle, the shades look more similar, but once painted on and dried, you can see that Essie Merino Cool is significantly darker, and OPI Parlez-Vous OPI? is cooler. I think the added warmth in Tenderly makes it worth having, and honestly I think it suits my pale but very warm-toned skin better than the other two. (Not that I don't love them too!) However, if you have any of these in your collection, you might not want to splurge on the Chanel!

I'm truly having a moment with this colour! I know this isn't a makeup blog, but I had to share my latest makeup love/find/obsession that goes perfectly with Chanel Tenderly - Bourjois Colorband Eyeshadow Crayon in Mauve Baroque. It is available HERE, from ASOS.


Not only is the colour gorgeous and very Tenderly-like, the formula seems to really set and wear like iron. I am considering picking up a couple more shades, but honestly Mauve Baroque is the most unique of the bunch.

Is there a particular colour you're really feeling right now?? Let me know what your colour of the moment is - I'm always looking for inspiration!

k2k



Like this? Click below to let us know!

1 comments:

best assignment service said...

I am an absolute fan of the brand chanel. This is one brand that never fails to dissapoint and always delivers. This is a great product thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails